Meet the coaches, Andy Myers, Anthony Claffey & Vincent Vis - with Ardour.
Established since 2010, AM Fitness has brought a fresh approach to fitness in Ireland, promoting Movement and a healthy relationship with training. We currently have 4 coaches who, while working from the same principles, come with different skill sets, methods and their own unique voices. This enables us to help people in a strength/mobility/fitness sense, an injury/posture/rehab sense and a Movement/Expression/Skill sense. From the moment you walk through the doors you will feel a sense of belonging, a welcoming feel from a solid membership - all of whom have become good friends through achieving goals together and helping one another along the way.
We are constantly evolving an already solid philosophy of training that champions unravelling the layers holding people back from showing how strong and capable they are. We believe there is no real strength without mobility and no real mobility without strength. For this reason we hold both Strength & Mobility in equal importance. Gymnastic Strength Training ties in well with what we believe in and weight training does too. We use barbells predominantly for squatting, lifting and helping us stretch. We get 90% of our upper body and core training using Bodyweight, using the Gymnastic Rings, Stahl bars and the floor space for Handstands, Balancing & Flow - for those who choose to do so. We also believe that most people actually need more rehab/prehab and structural work to fix modern-day issues so we have a major focus on shoulders, hips, feet and the spine. Back pain, Posture, Tight Hips & Sore Shoulders are all things we take seriously. We are constantly putting our money where our mouth is to make sure we can assess and treat you for what you need as soon as you walk in the door - so we think like physio's when it comes to the details. As a collective, we have all travelled across the globe to learn from the world's best. We have also been fortunate to have hosted some of them too.
- We have moved with Ido, Tom and Jozef.
- We have stood on hands with Yuval & Yuri.
- We developed our foundation from Tony & Ben.
- We stretched with Kit & Emmet & learned body composition from Phil & Christian.
- We put on classes with 3fe coffee because we love community.
- We spent more time learning in the background, broke the rules and learned the do's and don'ts our way so we have the most honest advice and experience for everyone who walks through our doors.
- We danced, fought, climbed, crawled, lifted, swam... all for a very significant period of time - we did well, too.
- We are Anatomy in Motion qualified and currently becoming physiotherapists. The list goes on - with great pride.
- We host one of the best physiotherapists we have ever met; David McGettigan of The Epic Approach, 3 times a year.
- Tony Riddle held his Worrier to Warrior talks here.
- Emmet ran his Modern Methods of Mobility workshops here.
- Movement Brain hosted their Pain workshop from our studio.
- Danny Lennon brought a Sigma Nutrition Fat Loss & Body composition seminar here.
- And there is much more to come as we all continue to grow and offer you the very, very best in Movement, Communication & Community as the medicine.